- Ian and Irene Jameison
- In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.
Saturday, 5 May 2012
We're off to Poland
Bit of a rush this morning to get everything ready to take to Poland. As we are travelling 'budget airline' we are only allowed 15kg of luggage and 10kg of hand baggage. How can a girl narrow down the amount of clothes to take. My shoes alone must weigh a couple of kilogramme and then there's the jewellery, makeup sun cream ( Its over 30 deg in Poland) and all my posh frocks, blouses, T shirts, trousers, socks tights and of course enough undies to see me through for 9 days ( one can never have enough knickers!) Ian has been ruthless in only allowing me one pair of shoes and 'Why do you want make up when you never wear it here'. Men! They just don't understand. Anyway we are finally packed and ready. I took Jade to Leicester, yesterday, to go on her holidays to Pat and Keith , ( Jade loves it there because she gets spoilt rotten) and our neighbours on Nb Kestrel and Nb Windrifter both have contact numbers "Just in case" Although quite what we could do if anything happens is any ones guess! We stay at Colin's tonight because we fly from Luton in the early hours tomorrow and as its our 39th Wedding anniversary today he is taking us out for a meal tonight. So no blogging until our return on the 15th May when no doubt I'll bore you all with pictures of our grandsons Christening as well as our Polish adventures.
- ► 2017 (231)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (271)
- ► 2014 (301)
- ► 2013 (385)
- Braunston to Long Itchington ( 2 day travel ) Moro...
- Very easy descent on Braunston flight
- Bugbrook to Long Buckby
- BW new jobs description, bullock rescuer
- Corrrr....... What an eyeful!!
- On our way at last!
- Update on the kestrels
- A ferret pays a visit.
- Back from seeing the consultant
- More idiots blocking the towpath
- close encounter with swarming bees
- A procession of Willow Wren boats
- I can not believe the mentality of some people!!!!...
- Shropshire lass comes by
- Peek a Bo with a Kestrel
- Our Polish experience
- We're off to Poland
- Batty pair of tits.
- Julie arrives on Nb Towcester
- Something strange at the window
- The neighbourly deed
- ▼ May (21)
- ► 2011 (250)
- ► 2010 (293)