- Ian and Irene Jameison
- In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.
Sunday, 20 May 2012
I can not believe the mentality of some people!!!!
Sometimes I despair at the stupidity of so called responsible adults! I came across this just after 8 am so it was obvious that the boat had been there all night. Its a wonder a serious accident hadn't occurred. Who do you think would have been responsible if somrthing had happened? The hirer's or the hire company. Having hired boats regularly for 30 years I know we were never told not stretch the rope across the towpath but we did have enough common sense not to do it. Maybe the hire companies should start to put this down in their itinerary
Seems like someone forgot to collect their washing. No sign of a boat or person! On the opposite bank was the small cruiser belonging to the chap who asked us to charge his phone battery. It most probably belongs to him.
We are no back at Colins looking after the grandkids. I have decided that I'm getting to old for crawling around the floor and even Ian is complaining of sore knees!!!
- ► 2017 (247)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (271)
- ► 2014 (301)
- ► 2013 (385)
- Braunston to Long Itchington ( 2 day travel ) Moro...
- Very easy descent on Braunston flight
- Bugbrook to Long Buckby
- BW new jobs description, bullock rescuer
- Corrrr....... What an eyeful!!
- On our way at last!
- Update on the kestrels
- A ferret pays a visit.
- Back from seeing the consultant
- More idiots blocking the towpath
- close encounter with swarming bees
- A procession of Willow Wren boats
- I can not believe the mentality of some people!!!!...
- Shropshire lass comes by
- Peek a Bo with a Kestrel
- Our Polish experience
- We're off to Poland
- Batty pair of tits.
- Julie arrives on Nb Towcester
- Something strange at the window
- The neighbourly deed
- ▼ May (21)
- ► 2011 (250)
- ► 2010 (293)