Sometimes it doesn't pay to be clever with a camera. I had noticed bee activity around one of the lower wood pecker holes and thought I would be clever and try to get a close up. I found to my cost this was a big mistake. Before I knew it hundreds of angry bees were leaving the hole and buzzing madly around my head. I didn't think I could run that fast and even the dog seemed a bit panicky. Thankfully I wasn't stung but I had to warn a cyclist coming toward me of the danger. I did manage this picture before it all kicked off. I think Ive learnt t my lesson. Never mess with bees!!!
- Ian and Irene Jameison
- In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.
- ► 2018 (69)
- ► 2017 (247)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (271)
- ► 2014 (301)
- ► 2013 (385)
- Braunston to Long Itchington ( 2 day travel ) Moro...
- Very easy descent on Braunston flight
- Bugbrook to Long Buckby
- BW new jobs description, bullock rescuer
- Corrrr....... What an eyeful!!
- On our way at last!
- Update on the kestrels
- A ferret pays a visit.
- Back from seeing the consultant
- More idiots blocking the towpath
- close encounter with swarming bees
- A procession of Willow Wren boats
- I can not believe the mentality of some people!!!!...
- Shropshire lass comes by
- Peek a Bo with a Kestrel
- Our Polish experience
- We're off to Poland
- Batty pair of tits.
- Julie arrives on Nb Towcester
- Something strange at the window
- The neighbourly deed
- ▼ May (21)
- ► 2011 (250)
- ► 2010 (293)