About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Monday 27 February 2023

More laptop mishaps

 February 27th

Tests were done first thing, still positive for Ian but negative for me.  Of course, we couldn't go anywhere with lots of folk but unfortunately we did have to drive back into Wellington. 

That computer of mine, if one thing goes wrong it stands to reason something else will follow. Such was the case after the new lead and charger had been purchased. Working fine until the thing fell over with the lead still in. Damaged the charging port and the adaptor wouldn't make a connection. Found a place called Computer and Network clinic. Managed to get parked quite close and in I went with laptop and explained what happened. The chap didn't seem interested! Just said, you need a new power jack. Hmm, he hadn't even looked at it. Then I asked if he could fix it and another taught reply. Of course so do you want me to do it? Gosh, what a rude man and if I wasn't desperate for it to be fixed I would have told him what I thought and walked out. My next question was, how much? With no hesitation he mentioned $175. Now I was in a dilemma. What to do, so I told him I would go and ask Ian. Back I walked to the van, he nearly had an apocalyptic fit, rude words were expressed and said to go and get it done.

Not knowing how long it would be Ian drove along Oriental Road next to the harbour and dropped me off at the swimming pool so I could have a $3 shower. He would have to wait for his until the all clear.

 

One of the ferries returning to Wellington

 

Shopping was done and we were about to head back to Owhiro Bay when the call came in from that chap to say the laptop was ready for collection. Crikey it had hadn't even been an hour since dropping off. In a way I wish he had told me how quickly it could be done. I would have hung around! Anyway back at the shop, he left me with the old jack as a souvenir and I passed over 200 dollars (he didn't take credit card). The change was 30 dollars. I left the shop rather rapidly before he realised too much change had been given!

 The cricket was still ongoing and as we passed the Basin Reserve stadium I managed to take this photo. Not too many England supporters I see.

 Hardly a camper had moved from such a lovely bay and we struggled to find a space. One was found between a sleeper car and camper van but it was really tight! Keeping half an eye on the rest of the vehicles, one pulled out just as we had gone rock pool exploring. My goodness Ian got a move on, like a gazelle he was leaping from rock to rock and in his Jandals (flip-flop) too. But the space was secured, plenty of room to get in and out of the Toy.

Our hands are still tied with this Covid malarkey so tomorrow may be another day of hanging around. 

And wildlife










No comments:

Blog Archive