About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Friday 6 February 2015

Am I being taken for a ride???

It's all to do with my defunct Canon camera lens.Having dropped the lens into the shop at Stoke on Trent yesterday I didn't expect to hear anything more until next week. This morning this dropped into my yahoo mail box from H Lehmann Ltd. Camera repairs

Hi
see Adobe pdf file attached
Phil


What????  I ask you is that anyway to respond to a client? So I opened the pdf file and got quite a shock.

Repair Details,
Replace Zoom assembly;
Repair switches contacts and connector;
Repair focusing unit
Adjustment: Bayonet connection
Reassemble and test fully- £1.00
 
Total,                   £254.00
VAT 20%:               50.80

Total                    £304.80

Gulp!!! Not sure it's worth the repair considering the lens only cost me £260. 

Also there was nothing to say why these repairs were necessary. As far as I was aware the switches, contacts and connector was fine. So I'm asking myself, am I being either fobbed off or taken for an idiot? Anyway he will not be doing the job, in fact we are going back to the shop on Monday to ask some questions and collect the lens!!!! In the meantime I successfully bid on another brand new lens on ebay for considerably less price then the repair quoted. This should be arriving within the next 10 days.


Today was the ECP&DA work party. On the agenda, replace the fence running along our mooring. This meant my bird feeders had to be relocated and, as a temporary measure, the TV aerial pole has done very nicely thank you. Just hope my birdies aren't put off by the new location. Oh and another bonus for us.....we can use the wood as fuel for our stove.
                                                                                                         Smiley





Wildlife 3



At Valetta




Wild cats again

And dogs seen along the Suez Canal


Ahhhhh how cute. I expect it would bite ones hand if approached!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive