About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Tuesday 18 February 2014

Had a bit of a rough night

I suppose it was to be expected and with me still lying awake at midnight took another dose of Paracetamols  At around 4am the pain in my jaw woke me up yet again. So more pain killers ( not sure if I'm starting to overdose on them) but they worked a treat because before I knew it Ian was sidling past the bed at 7am with Jade in hot pursuit as she was desperate to go out. With me awake Ian brought me my first hot cup of tea since the extractions. It wasn't as easy as I thought, only being able to take fluids on one side of my mouth. I had to have a tea towel to stop me dribbling all over my nightie. Still I relished every mouthful and with the pain starting to ease slowly I have every hope for a quick recovery.

Loads have been achieved today. I have ironed, packed more clothes, brushed the dog, filled the bird feeders and started the boat clean. Ian has packed his suitcase, chopped wood, watered up, emptied one of the loo cassettes and sorted out things like passports and tickets. Tomorrow Jade goes to her boot camp at Christine's. I have almost packed as much for her as for us and, knowing how much both of us are going to miss her, have enclosed a few special treats to keep her happy.

Took this photo late this afternoon. We were bathed in a strange orange light .



I don't expect to do another post for awhile. Not sure about on board Wi Fi on the cruise so may have to wait for an internet cafe to do a short post. Will have to wait and see.

And finally:-





4 comments:

KevinTOO said...

Paracetamol - http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Painkillers-paracetamol/Pages/Special-considerations.aspx

I've never seen Langley Mill look so appealing... LOL

Have a great holiday both of you and don't forget to pack the camera and it's power supply/charger, looking forward to seeing the photos on your return.

Enjoy, you deserve it:)
Kevin xx & Harry xx

Unknown said...

Have a great cruise
Norwyn. Ex shellbell

Sue said...

Have a great time you two and enjoy, you both deserve it!

Jill, Matilda Rose said...

Now just go and have a great time. I'm dead envious.

Blog Archive