About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Tuesday 12 April 2011

Still waiting for grandson No. 3


1st Grandson Oscar

I was due to leave for Milton Keynes around midday. Iwona my daughter in law was expected at the hospital that afternoon to have another scan. The baby was lying in a breach position and the consultant decided that he would try turning him the right way. The risk, though, was that the baby would become distressed and then an emergency Cesarean would be performed. So I was going down to look after my 2 year old grandson Oscar Unfortunately my journey was slightly delayed. Earlier that day I decided to purchase my fishing licence online. So I went to a Google search engine and put in fishing licence renewal. I was taken to a very convincing site which asked me to choose whether I wanted a Coarse or Game fishing licence. I clicked on the relevant button and then I was asked to fill in my bank card details, address and email. This I did and followed the instructions to continue to checkout. When I clicked the button it thanked me for my payment of £41 and the licence would be sent to my address later. Oh..... Now I was worried. Why might you ask? Well I was pretty certain that the cost was considerably lower. I phoned the environment agency and asked if the licence had gone up.They confirmed what I suspected that the cost was £27. So not only had they taken more then they should but I had given all my details to a web site that may not even exist. In panic I phoned my bank to ask them to stop the payment. "Oh no, cant do that" they said. The bank confirmed it hadn't gone from my account but was awaiting clearance. Well this is typical bank procedure Surely if its not gone from my account why cant they stop it? Anyway I have cancelled my card and now have to wait for them to send me a new one. I have know idea if I'm going to get my licence but I'm pretty sure Ive lost the money from my bank. At least by cancelling my card they can't get  their hands on  any more!!! With all the phoning to the bank and waiting "because my call is important to them" and I'm No. 7 in the queue, I didn't leave until 12 30pm. My daughter in law was expecting me before 3. 30 and I still had to drive to Swadlincote to drop the dogs off to Christine. Thank goodness the traffic was light. Good news though. The baby has turned all by itself so no intervention was necessary and so our wait for the third Grandson continues.






No comments:

Blog Archive