About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Monday 24 May 2010

Braunston Tunnel


As we had had no rain for a considerable length of time we assumed that going through the tunnel would be relatively dry, and we were right! Little did we know that the next tunnel at Blisworth would be a different kettle of fish. It poured water at us through the roof and sides like gushing geezers. Ian had the tiller so I battened down the hatches and stayed inside. When we eventually arrived at the other end and I stuck my head out to see how he had fared I was greeted with a very very wet Ian and a few strong expletives.













No comments:

Blog Archive