About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Thursday 31 March 2016

Black cats not always lucky

There are times when my love of all things four legged can be sorely tried. Today was just that case. I happened to glance out of the window early this morning and commented to Ian that a black cat was off exploring the towpath. Nothing unusual about that as many boaters own cats and let them wander about. This cat seemed intent on jumping on every ones boat though. Then having lost sight of it as it went past FS, I saw it again walking over the footbridge to the other side of the canal. The boat opposite didn't appear to have anyone on board and I watched this black cat jump onto the front, lift it's tail and spray all over inside! Having grabbed the camera I got a shot of it as it was doing the deed. It then jumped off and headed toward the road. Well I was feeling sorry for the person who would come back to the mess and smell when I too suddenly noticed a peculiar smell coming from the back cabin doors. For goodness sake, that blasted cat had christened us as well!!!! And the unmistakable smell of Tom cat urine filled the air. It took several attempts with cleaning fluid, wiping down all the paintwork on the exterior doors as well as the vents inside and out before I finally eradicated it and even now I'm not sure that I cant still detect that odour!



You can see it spraying just below it's raised tail.


So today, with tickets for the Sea Life Aquarium, Christine, Josh and Thomas joined me (Ian decided against going) to spend a couple of hours walking round the place. Photos not brilliant as no flash was allowed, still they are not bad and at least one can tell what they are.


Josh, Thomas and Christine






View from the upper floor at Sea Life

You can see how close to Sea Life we are. Just see the stern of FS on the left.

Coming back to FS for a spot of lunch, we said our farewells to them around 2ish. To think it wont be until August that we will see the family again. No doubt the difference in the Grandsons will be striking.

This photo of the Barclaycard Arena Building showing the copper glistening in the setting sun


And this one of me playing with a colour picker on my Lumix with the rest in black and white


No comments:

Blog Archive