About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Sunday 30 November 2014

Spring blossom in November???

Awoke to a lovely sunrise and thought "Winters arrived. There must be bad weather on it's way"  But not yet as today has been glorious.



In fact a very warm and mild day. No wonder the fauna and flora are getting it's knickers in a twist. On my walk I noticed the Cherry Blossom already appearing. That will be twice this year as I took a photo of the same tree with it's first blossom back in February.


Both these photos above taken today

Photo taken from my blog 13th Feb 2014

And Hawthorn Blossom 24th March 2013
I saw on the news a couple of days ago that the first sighting of frogspawn had been spotted down South. So I'm thinking that our seasons must be starting to go haywire. Is it all due to global warming? Or is it the natural way in which nature evolves.  Hmmm.....could be something to think about.

Apart from being out for 3 hours enjoying the sunshine and taking the usual 100's of photos, there was not much to report. I did take my macro lens with me not really expecting much in the way of bugs but not only did a see loads but several tiny new species that I have never seen before. With too many to put on this blog, I'll post some on my Wildlife blog. (click the link) or you can look on my side bar for Jameisons wildlife photos.


Seems the female Tufted ducks have arrived to join the males.





A dash of colour in the meadow.

Again they appear to be flowering a bit early


In amongst the pollen of the decaying Sunflower head.
Wanted to show you the size of ladybird to the tiny larva

The larva

No comments:

Blog Archive