Oh dear. Seems like Ian has picked up my cold. He's suffering something awful and of course going to the doctors today to have our vaccinations didn't help. Hepatitis A, Diphtheria, Tetanus, Polio and Typhoid! Very surprised that we needed all of them. 'Good grief' I thought, 'we're not going to the back of beyond, just a cruise to the far east'! Then the nurse looked at Ian and offered him the flu jab. Not me though as she said I was under the age limit. Poor Ian was gutted as she sort of implied that he looked over 65. Ian is only 6 months older then me and I'm 61! Still he did get the jab for free so shouldn't complain.
We collected the Outlook Magazine from the printers this afternoon. A fabulous job done in such a short time and the colours look amazing. So glad we didnt go back to black and white. Just hope the rest of the committee like it and with the meeting tomorrow evening and most of the members saying what they think, it will be an interesting couple of hours.
- Ian and Irene Jameison
- In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.
- ► 2017 (219)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (271)
- Spring blossom in November???
- Mystery of TV interference
- Back to the land of blogging and another one of th...
- Not just the squirrels a plenty. The rats are arou...
- Not impressed
- Not another breakdown!
- Amusing start to the holiday
- Well!!!..........Seems like Ian's got a new women....
- Pin cushion.....thats us.
- Talk about a cockup!
- Toilet talk again and a meeting with fellow blogge...
- Felt a bit of a plonker
- A spiritual haze round the moon perhaps?
- Have reached 2000
- Only way to secure the boat. River???? Canal????? ...
- Could have told us earlier!
- Water's not suposed to come from there, is it?
- Oh the joys of trying to get water!
- Senior moments X 2
- A body to feast on.
- ▼ November (20)
- ► 2013 (385)
- ► 2012 (355)
- ► 2011 (250)
- ► 2010 (293)