About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Friday 8 November 2013

My new best friend.....KevinTOO

I don't believe it. Yesterday morning I watch East Midlands today and only Free Spirit was on view.  Then I get a comment from Kevin on yesterdays post to say my interview, although brief, was featured right at the end. Every evening at 6.30 I watch Strictly Take Two on BBC 2 so missed watching the news program. I had to wait until 8pm before it was shown on the news website and then....... there was I, very very briefly, and realised I hadn't made such a hash of it as I thought. A great big thank you to KevinTOO for letting me know.

I paused the interview and took this picture with my camera!


Not much going on today other then cleaning and baking. We did have a concern last night when the boat rocked violently and we honestly thought we had been boarded by the youths around these parts. Ian shot out the back closely followed by me. We couldn't see a thing it was that dark. Then suddenly Ian realised a boat was winding beside us. No lights could be seen and once our eyes had adjusted to the gloom could make out a working boat. Ian got our torch and shone it at the boat. Turns our it was Barry Argent on historic boat Perch. Barry was featured on the TV program The Golden Age of Canals .

View from the Galley window


And finally:-







2 comments:

KevinTOO said...

You've excelled yourself with todays photos and that Kingfisher is brilliant.
Well done :)

Jo Lodge said...

Fame at last hahaha. We did not see it as we do not get East Midlands but well done.
Stunning photographs and I adore your blog header photograph. xxxxx

Blog Archive