About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Thursday 11 March 2010

Chub


 After leaving Zouch we headed down the Soar towards Trent Lock finally turning of the river and onto the Erewash by mid afternoon. We arrived back at our mooring by Sandiacre Lock and as I still had some bait left from my last bout of fishing I threw out a handful of maggots, took out my rod , baited the hook and sat waiting for something to happen. Well I waited and waited and waited some more and still the float didn't go under. After 3 hours I decided enough was enough and was just about to pack away when the float shot off, disappearing that fast I hadn't even had time to strike. Well I don't remember the last time I moved so fast, but needless to say I lifted the rod and low and behold |I had caught a lovely Chub.  It was all worth while after all! 

No comments:

Blog Archive