About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Sunday 19 July 2009

BBC Inside Out arrive

Looking at my perch.




Ray the presenter coming over for a chat.








While I was fishing below Shipley Lock on the Erewash, a film crew arrived to film and speak to Anglers along the canal. After asking if I would give them an interview, I was duly "microphoned up" and asked some questions on fishing and then asked if I had caught anything. Luckily I had just caught a really small perch and the only fish I had in the net! Ray Gosling the presenter, then held the fish and went all girlie on me and let out a high pitched scream when the fish flapped about. He claimed it had "bitten" him. The producer Tony then asked if we could do another take and so we had to do the whole thing again including Rays scream! All in all we must have done four or five takes until Tony was happy with the result.

No comments:

Blog Archive