|Have darkened the photo to show off the rainbow.|
With more rain forecast for the next few days we have decided to try and make a run for it. You see the Trent has to be negotiated before we can go up the Erewash canal and even though we have gone down on amber boards many a time, if it gets two high we wont fit under the bridge at Trent lock. A lot depends on the chap on the new boat. He set off this morning after making the boat look immaculate at about 7.15am. We set off 25 minutes later. The first lock, Branston, was about half a mile away and guess what........ he was only just leaving. Good grieve how slow was he going!! We waited for another boat to ascend before stopping for a Morrison shop near Burton for and hour and we thankfully never caught him up. At Dallow lock bottom gates were open. Could it be the same boater who just couldnt be bothered to close them? I have no idea, but as my readers will know it's one of my pet hates!
|Mr slow coach just leaving|
|Ian closing the bottom gates at Dallow lock. Blooming annoying when it has to be done twice!|
|Whats happened to the pictures at Dallows????|
|This is what used to be there.|
wedged solid between the lock gate, lock wall and another boat.
Going over the river Dove aqueduct we were concerned how fast it was flowing. The Dove flows into the Trent so if this river is in flood what will the Trent be like?
|River Dove in flood|
|Trent looking very high|
|Just managed to get a photo of this Jay carrying an acorn.|
|And a lucky shot of a Kingfisher.|
Just a few more photos from the park