- Ian and Irene Jameison
- In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.
Friday, 22 November 2013
A very quiet day and then......
It was no longer because at precisely16:20 this afternoon, and after numerous false starts, the engine roared into life. Mind you it's a blooming good job we are on shoreline because I'm sure the battery would have been completely flat by the amount of attempts to get it going. There were no leaks from diesel or water hoses and the sound was as sweet as can be and the added bonus....... we once again had hot water coming from the taps. So there you have it. After all the problems we had since the overheating alarm sounded when we were on the River Wey, we can now relax and look forward to leaving Langley ( stoppages and ice permitting ) in the new year. So here are my And finally. With us now static for several weeks I cant see there being much to report. There will, no doubt, be the odd snippet every now and then but I will be posting my photos on a daily basis. Hope you continue to enjoy them.
- ► 2017 (136)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (271)
- ► 2014 (301)
- Our Blackpool (and bedroom) experience.
- Wildlife 6
- Wildlife 5
- Wildlife 4
- Wildlife 3
- Wildlife 2
- Wildlife 1
- A very quiet day and then......
- My hate relationship with dentists and an update o...
- A non productive sort of day
- No roar of the engine yet.
- The consequence of failing to torque the cylinder ...
- As Poirot would say.....Must get my little grey ce...
- My 'know your way round a camera' course part 1
- For once we could see what was round our prop.
- No more cruising fpr a while
- A night to remember
- Maybe Jade isnt quite as deaf as we thought.
- Foiled by the River again.
- My new best friend.....KevinTOO
- Gutted that I wasnt on telly!
- Google Trekker
- Interviewed for BBC East Midlands news program
- Finally C&RT honours the veg pledge
- River to high for our liking!
- Opps nearly lost a solar panel and a bit of an emb...
- It's all gone very quiet
- Universal sign language needed for the cut!
- ▼ November (31)
- ► 2012 (355)
- ► 2011 (250)
- ► 2010 (293)