Still no working engine! If Ian could spend all his time working in the engine room, by now it would have been finished. But other things have taken priority like trying to sort out a Cherry Picker so Fridays ECP&DA work party can help us repair the damaged chimney on our bungalow. Part of the cement surround fell onto the roof during the high winds breaking a couple of the roof tiles. Thankfully we managed to replace the tiles before the rains came. Although the chimney is quite safe at present, with winter coming it needs sorting out sooner rather then later. Then he had to drive to Sawley to fetch the chainsaw which we had left to be repaired a week ago. While he was there he had a quick look to see what their diesel was priced at. With 95p a litre for self declare he felt it was a bit steep. He phoned the boat yard at Kegworth where we normally get our diesel in 20 Ltr containers but their price was only 4p cheaper at 91p. Still a bit steep considering our last fill was at 82p Ltr. As we are on shore line we don't need to run the engine but we have been advised to keep a full tank to stop condensation occurring. Anyway, it was again after lunch before he got started but it's not a job that he wants to rush. He would rather take several days over putting all the bits back in the right place then be left with a ruined engine. I cant see him getting any further with it tomorrow because we both have the dreaded dentist appointment in the morning, and then the consultant to see about Ian's MRI results in the afternoon.
- Ian and Irene Jameison
- In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.
- ► 2017 (247)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (271)
- ► 2014 (301)
- Our Blackpool (and bedroom) experience.
- Wildlife 6
- Wildlife 5
- Wildlife 4
- Wildlife 3
- Wildlife 2
- Wildlife 1
- A very quiet day and then......
- My hate relationship with dentists and an update o...
- A non productive sort of day
- No roar of the engine yet.
- The consequence of failing to torque the cylinder ...
- As Poirot would say.....Must get my little grey ce...
- My 'know your way round a camera' course part 1
- For once we could see what was round our prop.
- No more cruising fpr a while
- A night to remember
- Maybe Jade isnt quite as deaf as we thought.
- Foiled by the River again.
- My new best friend.....KevinTOO
- Gutted that I wasnt on telly!
- Google Trekker
- Interviewed for BBC East Midlands news program
- This post is for everyone that actually finds spid...
- Finally C&RT honours the veg pledge
- River to high for our liking!
- Opps nearly lost a solar panel and a bit of an emb...
- It's all gone very quiet
- Universal sign language needed for the cut!
- ▼ November (32)
- ► 2012 (355)
- ► 2011 (250)
- ► 2010 (293)