About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Monday 25 March 2013

Wish it would hurry and warm up!

 Ice amongst the  blossom.



While still moored at Sandiacre and as we don't need to be at Trent Lock to dock the boat until Wednesday, I thought I may as well carry on with my daily pictures.  On my walk with Jade I noticed that despite the freezing conditions, the swans were starting their nest.


 
Even the pigeons were at it.


 This coot has about finished hers.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the birds can sense the warmer weather

Norwyn

Blog Archive