About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Thursday, 21 March 2013

update on Ian

Another cold day with the wind having picked up making it feel colder then it is. Thank goodness we traveled down yesterday. I feel very sorry for those boaters that are on there way for the Pie andPea weekend as the forecast for tomorrow and Saturday is horrendous. We've already had flurries and tonight the weathermen are talking about 4" of snow. Not convinced that will happen but we will see.

Before all the boats arrive. Tomorrow the Derby arm should be full.

So today we went to see Ian's consultant. The good news is that the tumour is stable. No shrinkage but no regrowth either. He talked about us having our chemo holiday in June. I asked if he knew how long we would get. His reply- how long is a piece of string. If Ian and I read into this correctly, then we can assume that he will be stopping Ian's chemo after the next MRI scan and giving Ian at least three months off, or at least until the next scan in September. If it then appears to be growing again we will be back to square one with chemo resuming again. All in all we came away knowing that there is a light at the end of the tunnel at last. Roll on June.

Magpie

Unusually for around these parts, a lone starling was calling in the tree opposite our boat



6 comments:

Kevin said...

It sounds very hopeful that you'll get a good break away from the medics... all you need now is some nice weather to arrive in time for summer. Fingers crossed eh ? :)
Hope you enjoy your pie & peas weekend too :)
Kevin xx & Harry xx

Roger and Pat Filler said...

Hope to see you over Easter as we are moored at Trent Lock. Keep up the positive thoughts it really works. X

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Hi Kevin and Harry,
We sooooo need some good weather but it looks as winter still has us in her grip. Surely it will be better for June.....please????
Xxxx

Hi Roger and Pat,
We will be making our way down on Wednesday ready to get into the dock Thursday morning. So as soon as you see us, put kettle on lad!
Xx

jampot55 said...

Glad to hear about Ian - big hug. What is this thing called snow? Think I'll stay here a bit longer. When we visited Chiang Mai Zoo, heard some VERY excited kiddies screaming - they were donning snow suits to go inside "Snow Dome" !
Take care, Janice xx

Bruce in Sanity said...

Hi both

That's great news about Ian.

Hope the weekend goes well and that you get away OK – we're sitting tight in Mercia for another week in this awful weather.

All the best

Bruce and Sheila

Jaqueline Biggs said...

Sending you positive thoughts for the best possible outcome. as a cancer survivor I understand the difficulty of this journey. Holding you both in my thoughts,
Jaq

Blog Archive