About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Saturday 9 March 2013

The penultimate day

Last nights mooring
 Finally a day without rain. I took the opportunity to go fishing first thing while Ian took Jade for a walk. As usual I didn't have a single bite so when Ian returned we untied and set of for Whittington.  As the rugby is on over the weekend we had to be moored, fed, watered and have decent TV before the Wales v Scotland kickoff at 2.30pm. The Narrowboat Inn seemed the best place to stop for lunch and we arrived just before the pub opened at 11.45am. The road alongside the pub was a tad noisy so once we finished our meal and, because we still had plenty of time before the start of the match, we headed off for a more rural spot. The mooring we found was right next to a field full of lambs and I spent a good while just photographing and watching their antics. Then with Ian settled in front of the telly,  I tried my hand at fishing again. This time I actually caught 1 fish, a small roach. I honestly thought I would come away from this canal without a single catch so with one fish at least I have avoided a whitewash.


As is the norm for me I have added some more photos of our journey today.

One lone daffodil in the hedge bottom

Could this be C&RT latest idea to combat the overstay problem?


The race is on

To get to the feed first.

Jenny wren








Tonight's mooring



No comments:

Blog Archive