A mountain of post was waiting for us at our daughter's house. After 6 months it was to be expected and most was unwanted junk mail but nestled in amongst the junk was a small magazine. Christine had found this magazine in her loft and I was both surprised and delighted when I saw what it was. Many, many years ago we went on a boat holiday hiring from Black Prince Narrow Boats. Our best friends Pat and Keith joined us for the two week holiday in 1997. During our trip, Keith (the poet amongst us) and with a bit of help from us all, kept a daily and amusing log. Today in memory of Keith who sadly died of a brain tumour in May 2013, I have decided to share it. Two weeks worth is a lot to publish in one go so I will do the second part in tomorrow's post.
In memory of Keith, b February 1952 d May 2013 aged 61
- Ian and Irene Jameison
- In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.
- The move back to our mooring.
- Holiday log part 2
- A witty poem about hire boat Fife holiday log
- Last day in Hong Kong and now back in good old bli...
- It didn't rain today but it might just as well hav...
- Stranded on the wrong side of the harbour.
- What a let down.
- Hong Kong day 1
- Farewell Australia
- Weddings, birthdays and cyclones
- ▼ April (10)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (271)
- ► 2014 (301)
- ► 2013 (384)
- ► 2012 (354)
- ► 2011 (250)
- ► 2010 (293)