About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Monday 6 March 2017

Afternoon sea fishing

One of the 'must do' on my list at least was to try my hand at Sea fishing. Booked a private afternoon charter with a chap called Mick. The place was called Monty's restaurant at Hideaway Bay resort. Apparently the best-kept secret in Queensland. What a beautiful place and ideal for a secluded holiday. A meal at Monty's first before we went fishing. So we get on the boat and I brag that I can fish and Ian is the beginner and guess what??? Yep, you've guessed it Ian caught loads more than me 8 or 9 for him and a measly 3 for me! Of the reef fish, we caught 5 were 'keepers' met the length requirement for that species. So we took home 3 Sweetlips, 1 Coral Trout and a reef Perch, all good eating so we are told. Mick filleted the fish and are now safely tucked away in the small camper freezer.



















Black Cockateels.......

Had a field day with the trees.

Waiting for the scraps
l

No comments:

Blog Archive