About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Saturday 21 March 2015

Think I'll make myself scarce

The Rugby's on. Time for me to make myself scarce and leave Ian to watch the game. All 7 hours of it! So an early blog today.

Had a nice sunset last night. We were on our way to the cottage for fish and chips and took a quick photo with my small Samsung. Carole, Dennis and Margaret drove up to the chip shop with an order for 12 portions of fish, 1 chicken and ham pie, tub of curry and enough chips to feed the 5000! Apparently the shop was packed and you can imagine the disgruntled people waiting in the queue behind us! I was tasked with not burning the mushy peas (which I nearly did after chatting away to Micheal) but remember to give them a stir just in time.


Dinner over, washing up done!
Then it was back to the boat to get the games. Unanimous decision to play Mexican train and by changing players every couple of games, those that wanted to play all had a go.



So this morning was clear up day in the cottage. Fires were lit, hot cupboard set up ready for the pies to arrive this afternoon, carpets hoovered, tables wiped and chairs set in rows so we can watch the entertainment tonight. The Chilly Dogs will be playing a mixture of blues and country songs and having listened to this band at our last rally I expect a very good evening.

A few more boats turned up, one arriving in the dark but there doesn't seem to be as many as previous years. Maybe the cold weather has put them off! Still we may get some more later this afternoon, only time will tell.




Ian seems very happy and urging Italy on. They are only only a point behind. Oh.... slight amendment Wales has just scored 2 tries and converted both. Not sure why he's routing for Italy but it's something to do with goal difference. It's all beyond me so I think I'll go back to my book and leave him to it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello to you both. We have been reading your blog for a while. We are starting are adventure this April aboard our narrowboat Tacet, we have a blog nbtacet.blogspot.com if you get time please take a look and leave a comment. We have added you to our blog list

Blog Archive