Two Friday 13th's in 4 weeks, how unfair is that? Nearly decided to stay in bed all day but my duties of loo cleaning at the work party pulled me from my covers. The day, though, wasn't without mishap as I lost a Tesco shopping voucher worth £7 in Tesco! Someone in the store will be rubbing there hands in glee as I must have dropped it while pulling out the shopping list from my coat pocket. Today was also the day that I was to finally get the result of the xray on my right hip.
For a couple of months I have had sever pain in the hip region. Quite worried that the joint was arthritic and I would have to have a hip replacement. That, as it turned out, was not the case. Turns out the joint is in perfect working order and the pain I'm experiencing has somewhat baffled the doctor. So I am to see a specialist sometime in the next few months. I'm very concerned this will curtail our cruising plans. We still plan to leave Langley on Tuesday and travel to Sandiacre for the Pie and Pea. Dry docking over Easter should also be okay but what happens after that I haven't a clue. Keeping fingers crossed that the appointment comes sooner rather then later.
One photo today of the duck family. Ian managed to fit them all on the Omni aerial and space to fit another two or three if and when I find more floating on the canal.
- Ian and Irene Jameison
- In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.
- ► 2017 (218)
- ► 2016 (235)
- The dry dock ain't dry no more!
- Now the work begins
- Tad windy for the sailing boats maybe?
- Trent Lock here we come.
- So....What did I do on my birthday?
- Looks like the inspection team had turned up for a...
- Me on my soapbox again
- Eek... There goes Ian! Disappearing through the h...
- Well would you believe it we get an award, and wha...
- Think I'll make myself scarce
- Sun's gone green!
- Baking for the masses
- A very rare sighting indeed!
- And away
- Cruising plans put on hold?
- Good Grief! The trouble I've had trying to get a p...
- Those little jobs...........
- Deep cycle batteries and a visit to Merlin
- ▼ March (18)
- ► 2014 (301)
- ► 2013 (385)
- ► 2012 (355)
- ► 2011 (250)
- ► 2010 (293)