- Ian and Irene Jameison
- In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.
Friday, 13 July 2012
Not the best of news.
Our plans to head of towards Gloucester are now well and truly defunct. Instead we are having to turn around and go back to Nottingham. In three weeks time Ian again starts Chemotherapy. It will mean us staying at Langley Mill ( top of the Erewash Canal ) for at least a year while he has the weekly treatments. So looks like our cruising days are over for the foreseeable future. We are going to take our time getting back, just enjoying the few weeks we have left. I will continue posting as before until our arrival at Langley Mill and then less frequently, just to give the occasional update.
- ► 2018 (69)
- ► 2017 (247)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (271)
- ► 2014 (301)
- ► 2013 (385)
- Still not made it to Fradley.
- A few hiccups on our way to Rugeley
- A 'Chance' meeting.
- Meeting Sanity Again.
- A large present dropped outside our boat
- Rage at Gailey top lock
- Unprepared hirers.
- Ian!! No more excursions, please.
- Slight change of plan
- Another cat tale (off sorts)
- Stuck again!!! ( this is getting monotonous )
- Back waters of the BCN
- The dreaded Ridgeacre Branch
- Pussy in the window!
- A pair of pussy's on the towpath
- A very wet ascent upTardibigge
- Oops. I think I hooked the wrong end!
- Leaving Worcester
- A very big thankyou
- Not the best of news.
- Back to see the Consultant at last
- Worcester before the Queen arrived and after!
- Finally to Worcester
- A Spooky Coincidence
- Yuk!!!! not another eel!!
- Hanbury Junction again and my first photo of a ree...
- Crickey! We will be high and dry on the towpath if...
- So.....What shall I do next?
- Loving the sun!
- Opps! What could have happened to the height gauge...
- inches do matter!!!
- More decisions then we knew what to do with!
- New CRT sign goes up on the Tardebigge flight.
- ▼ July (34)
- ► 2011 (250)
- ► 2010 (293)