- Ian and Irene Jameison
- In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.
Thursday, 12 July 2012
We have waited months for this appointment. Ian had an MRI last February, then a letter asking Ian to see a neurologist in April. That consultant saying he had no idea why Ian was asked to see him. Then another letter to see a plastic surgeon in May. He wanted yet another MRI scan, and then we waited for the appointment to discuss the prognosis. The appointment never came At the end of June Ian phoned the Consultants secretary to ask what was happening. She couldn't find anything on Ian's records to say he needed to be seen again. So last Wednesday Ian took it upon himself to make the appointment rather then wait for a letter. So 4 months after being told the tumor was growing again, we have now hired a car and will head off to Nottingham City hospital shortly to see what the outcome is!
- ► 2017 (235)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (271)
- ► 2014 (301)
- ► 2013 (385)
- Still not made it to Fradley.
- A few hiccups on our way to Rugeley
- A 'Chance' meeting.
- Meeting Sanity Again.
- A large present dropped outside our boat
- Rage at Gailey top lock
- Unprepared hirers.
- Ian!! No more excursions, please.
- Slight change of plan
- Another cat tale (off sorts)
- Stuck again!!! ( this is getting monotonous )
- Back waters of the BCN
- The dreaded Ridgeacre Branch
- Pussy in the window!
- A pair of pussy's on the towpath
- A very wet ascent upTardibigge
- Oops. I think I hooked the wrong end!
- Leaving Worcester
- A very big thankyou
- Not the best of news.
- Back to see the Consultant at last
- Worcester before the Queen arrived and after!
- Finally to Worcester
- A Spooky Coincidence
- Yuk!!!! not another eel!!
- Hanbury Junction again and my first photo of a ree...
- Crickey! We will be high and dry on the towpath if...
- So.....What shall I do next?
- Loving the sun!
- Opps! What could have happened to the height gauge...
- inches do matter!!!
- More decisions then we knew what to do with!
- New CRT sign goes up on the Tardebigge flight.
- ▼ July (34)
- ► 2011 (250)
- ► 2010 (293)