About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Saturday 6 August 2011

Identity parade completed.

So its done!!! No more wondering how we would get to do the identity parade. We left at 10 am from Mercia Marina and the journey,which was supposed to take 1 1/2 hours to Kidderminster, took us nearly 2. The traffic seemed very heavy for a Saturday, but there again, it is the summer holidays and the majority of motorways are busy this time of year. We arrived at the Police station dead on 12 noon and a Wyn Rogers was waiting for us when we arrived. He took us to a waiting room and explained what would happen. Then he dropped the bombshell. It would only be me identifying Jason and not Ian as well!! Apparently because he approached me first, I was to become the witness if it went to court. Oh help!!!! Now I was worried. Could I remember what he looked like? Anyway eventually I went into the interview room. There was a video camera recording the proceedings and a computer which I had to sit in front, So no real men then!!! Thankfully it was all pictures and 9 men were shown to me all with a number in the left hand corner. All I had to do is say the number which corresponded with the chap that had conned us. Not easy!!! All 9 men had similar hair styles and facial features. The one thing I could have defiantly identified him was removed. His earring!! Three of the nine all looked similar and I asked to see them at least another 4 times. Eventually I choose number 5. He looked like the Jason I remembered, scruffy looking and quite round in the face, but I must admit, in the 6 weeks that has passed the memory starts to fade a little. I have no idea if I choose the correct man. Wyn Rogers said he wasn't allowed to say because it might compromised the case. He did say that PC Kate Medlam would be in touch later so maybe I'll get to know then.

Tomorrow Christine comes to collect the Woofits. We are off again to Eastbourne to look after my Dad while Norma, my stepmum, is in hospital We have no idea how long we'll be staying there, but I'm packing enough for Ian and me for at least 2 weeks I'm very worried about Judy though. Shes gone off her food again and the back legs keep going in all directions except forward.. Christine, as a Veterinary Nurse, will know if the time has come for her to go to doggie Heaven and I know she will think long and hard before making that decision. Hopefully we will still have her around when we eventually get back to the boat.

Just a couple of pictures to finish. You might have to look closely at these first two pictures to see whats in them.


Can you tell what it is yet???


Sunset and reflections.


1 comment:

Jo Lodge said...

Glad the identity parade went ok and lets hope you picked the right man lol.
I hope all goes well when you go down to Eastbourne and that Judy is still with you when you come back to the boat, but as you say Christine will know what to do for the best. I know it will be upsetting if Judy goes whilst your away, but maybe that will be easier for you to handle.
Hopefully see you on the water soon xxx

Blog Archive