About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Tuesday 6 October 2009

Blasted eels again


We had finally arrived at Hurleston Junction after 4 days of getting up early and travelling for 8 hours a day. We moored just above the Hurleston flight on the Llangollen and I did my usual of setting my rod up to do a bit of ledgering. As the Llangollen flows all the time I thought this would be the best way of fishing. What I didn't realise is that a static bait at the bottom of the canal attracted eels!!! In fact in all the five years of fishing this canal I had never caught an eel and didn't even think there were any in it. I was very shocked to see this one especially when I thought I had a really good fish on. I must say it put me off a for at least 5 minutes!!!!! It didn't put me of for any longer.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Blog Archive