About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Sunday, 25 March 2012

Look a clean and clutter free roof

Clocks went forward last night but we didn't bother to change them until this morning. After all, today is the first day where we can totally relax. No decorating at Colin's and no cruising to do, so we put them forward after breakfast. Jade though it was doggy heaven that her morning biscuits were given an hour earlier and equally pleased tonight when her dinner was also early. I really cant be bothered about changing the time for Jade's meals so 5 pm, regardless whether the clocks go forward or back, is 5 pm.

After the epic removal of the wood from the roof ( its now stored in our wood shed at the bungalow ) the dirt left behind was awful. Ian felt that just water would do the trick but he soon found out that the brush was also needed. It's nice to see our boat looking like a boat again. Unfortunately storing all that wood has caused no end of rust spots to appear and we have decided to repaint the roof sometime this year. Need to find a decent motorway bridge with something strong that we can tie up to. Any idea's?!

I cant believe this is the same boat!
Later in the morning Christine Kevin and Josh arrived. Last weekend, when we were all at Colin's, Kevin offered to drive our car back to their house in Swadlincote. Today he brought the car to us so the least I could do was to offer lunch. Unfortunately he has contracted the deadly coughing and sore throat virus that plagued me for so long at Milton Keynes. Needless to say he declined the offer and is blaming me for the 'man flu' he is suffering now! He still felt well enough to take Josh for a wander round the lock.

Me Ian Josh and Kev.

By Sandiacre lock.

Josh insisted on opening the gate.
  This monster was by the wood shed. Frightened me to death when I went to open the door to show Josh how much wood we had.

Tomorrow is my appointment to see the consultant. After the three injections in my spine late December early January, he wants to see if they have worked.  It has to a degree, but I get very painful cramps in my feet at night and I'm convinced it somehow stems from the injections.  Then it's off to Christine as she is cooking my birthday dinner.

No comments:

Blog Archive