About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Day 9 & how can these guys call themselves carpenters




Had another rough night last night. I have come to the conclusion that I must have a virus. My ears ache, my throat feels like thousands of knifes are scraping across it, my head aches, I'm all bunged up, I'm forever coughing and now my glands are up! Do I try to see a doctor at the walk in centre? or will he just send me away with the usual, 'Cant treat a virus with antibiotics! If I still feel awful tomorrow I'm going to risk the Doctors contempt!! I need to get over this!!!

I thought I would be a martyr today and still accompany Ian when he left for "the workhouse." I really needed to finish the stairs. After a week on painting same thing I was getting just a bit fed up with it. Oscar had gone to Nursery so no worry of finger prints in my nice just painted paint work, so after a quick cup of tea from Iwona we gathered our tools and started today's work.

  

 Ian finally finished the spare room. Colin was very annoyed over the door frame being at a skew, but as he said whats done is done. Ian made the best of it and managed to fit the wooden floor board, after trimming the edges, so it nearly looked straight to the rest of the flooring. He then went to fit the skirting that I'd painted yesterday. It looked good when he had just rested the skirting against the walls, but then he noticed the terrible carpentry that the so called carpenters had bodged on the joins. They even couldn't measure the lengths correctly!! ( Ian should have realised that the carpenters were crap when he found the door frame at an angle.) These next pictures show it all














  
Andy the builder is arriving tonight to discuss with Colin all the remaining bits to be finished off. He wants the rest of his money but I'm pretty certain what Colin's reply will be. There is a lot still to be completed and Colin is adamant that no money will be given to the builder until everything is to his satisfaction.

I'll let you know the outcome of their talks tomorrow. Just a few more photos to finish off.


Iwona ready to start painting the door frame.


She then moved onto painting the skirting in Oscar's room


This garden wall has taken a week to build and it's still not finished. The whole extension took just 3 weeks
 to go up so what is the Dennis playing at. He is charging Colin by the day so we are convinced he is trying
 to eek it out. This morning Colin gave him an ultimatum.
 Finish the wall by tomorrow or he wont pay him the full amount.


No comments:

Blog Archive