So there we were, ready to hitch up the van for the very last time on Sunday when OMG... pain!!!!! Emerging from my sandal a bee!. I had only gone and scooped it up as I walked and trapped it underneath my toe. Went all girlie and yelled at Ian to 'get it out' or words of that nature. I could see the sting and quick as you like Ian pulled it out. But the pain. It had stung me at right by the joint and within minutes started to swell. Ian rushed to the reception and came back armed with a spray that stopped the pain instantly. I wish I'd got the name of it as it's a 'must have' in every first aid kit. Will have to do some research. Anyway drama over we hitched up the van and took it back to Michael owner of Perfect Breaks caravan. After assessing the damage to the wheel arch and thanking Ian profusely for the great job he had done in fixing it, our bond was returned with any expenses incurred and we set off back to Sydney.
On route we stopped off at Woolongong for lunch and a look around. and then a quick detour to a viewing point at Mount Keira overlooking Woolongong
Arriving back at my brothers we had a lovely greeting......not by my brother or Sally....no, by Neddy the dog! House empty and a good time to unpack before they returned. Then that evening the local street party was set up and we got to be invited too. Plenty of drink and food on offer especially Champagne supplied by the local celebrity John who used to own Arnott's biscuits which are still popular today. As soon as it got dark we all departed. Those mosquitoes come out in force and a good time to hastily depart indoors.
Next few days will see us sightseeing in Sydney so no doubt plenty of photos to come later.
I forgot to show the inside of the van so with it ready to be returned and nice and tidy, here is a photo,
- Ian and Irene Jameison
- In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.
- ► 2017 (135)
- Another one to tick of our list...Sydneys Alexandr...
- Fun in the sun
- And yet another river trip.
- It's Christmas.....
- Botany Bay
- The Jameisons at the Jamisons
- Chinese garden and disabled ships.
- An early Christmas 'Down Under'
- Ships, ships and more ships
- Talk about freaked out!
- Darling Harbour
- A bit of drama on our last day.
- And the difference was spectacular.
- In search of the Berry's canal
- The historic bridges of Gundagai
- Not another problem with the car....and we have cr...
- It's all about Ned Kelly
- My dog fix with the lovely Klara
- Finally we meet after all the planning
- In search of the Aussie canals
- Sovereign Hill
- Christmas decorations Ozzie style
- Had a heart stopping moment!
- ▼ December (23)
- ► 2015 (271)
- ► 2014 (301)
- ► 2013 (384)
- ► 2012 (355)
- ► 2011 (250)
- ► 2010 (293)