About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Saturday 25 July 2015

Oh no!! Whats happened to my computer

It was almost thermal weather this morning. The only thing I didn't wear was a scarf. Hat, gloves, thick jumper and coat and it's still only July!! The wind although not blowing a gale was strong enough to go right through you.

We had thought about reaching Abingdon but when a mooring showed itself on the bankside at Clifton Hampden we took it sharpish. Still only early afternoon but comments from narrowboats and cruisers met at locks said not to bother with Abingdon 'cause it was full. So we are now set to stay here until Wednesday. A car has been booked for Tuesday as I'm finally going to get my hip bursitis sorted. Estimated 2 hour drive back to Nottingham and appointment is at 3pm. I believe a steroid injection into the joint is on the cards but no doubt I will find out on Tuesday.

Self service at Goring lock

Setting up for the Goring regatta

Moorings at Clifton Hampden. there is a fee payable of £4 a night. So far no one has arrived!

Very quaint village with loads of Thatched property's. The one in this photo is for sale. A cool £699,000.


Somehow I dont think we will be coming off from the stern.

We have that section to ourselves, and the fishing is excellent.

And as for my computer. It's well and truly kaput. Have no idea how it happened or what to do. Ian reckons a new screen is needed. For now though my old laptop will have to come out of moth balls!


And at the mooring




I wonder what the dad looked like?



No comments:

Blog Archive