- Ian and Irene Jameison
- In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.
Sunday, 1 February 2015
OMG... how cold is the UK!
Got back to FS today. Cant believe how cold it was here in Nottingham, just 3º and we actually had a few flurries of snow. The boat was freezing!!! So, first thing put the diesel heater on, light the fire and while the temperature started to creep up we walked to the Great Northern for lunch. Next put washing machine on, air bed and stow all our clothes away. I'm sure my birdies will be glad I'm back. All 8 feeders were empty so having filled them again I just hope they haven't abandoned this feeding station and gone elsewhere. So with our cruise over, now is the time for those foreign wildlife photos to put in an appearance. Sorry folks it just had to be done! With so many photos taken I will post these pictures over several days. Here is the first selection.
- ► 2017 (212)
- ► 2016 (235)
- A day of mishaps!
- Struggle over.
- Our heroes. James and Doug
- The curse of Friday 13th
- Good job I went to the doctors.
- It was an easy mistake....honest!
- Getting water?? Should be easy shouldn't it?
- Am I being taken for a ride???
- Granny Buttons still on the canal.
- All systems go.
- Freezing bathroom so toooooo cold for a shower! Br...
- Didnt come off scott free in the January freeze.
- OMG... how cold is the UK!
- ▼ February (13)
- ► 2014 (301)
- ► 2013 (385)
- ► 2012 (355)
- ► 2011 (250)
- ► 2010 (293)