Just a quick post 'cause we are off on our Hols tomorrow. Now you would think that every day is a holiday for us, and so it is but you know what they say about variety and the spice of life! Anyway the Isle of Man beckons and the one place we have hankered to go to for some time. When Shelia from the ECP&DA (Sheila's Gadabout Tours) asked if we would like to go we jumped at the chance. So making ready to pull pins this morning I was hailed by a passing boat asking if I was the Free Spirit that blogged. Turns out the gentleman reads my ramblings on a daily basis. I looked up the boat name Nb Tacet and I believe the boat used to belong to Ian and Karen, fellow bloggers. If I read correct, Tacet is now owned by Clinton and Sharon so hi to you both and you are welcome on board any time for a cup of Rosy Lee (tea) or a Calvin Klein (wine).
Making our way to Gifford Park we passed the Lionhearts Cruising Club. An AWCC site that welcomes visiting boats. Having watered up and emptied the loo, we made our way to the winding hole to wind. It was here that we met up with Jill on Nb Windrifter. Not having seen them for two years we had quite a bit of catching up to do. Then with a boat approaching from our stern, I pulled over to let them to pass. Well you could have knocked me down with a feather because who should it be but Adam and Adrian on Nb Briar Rose. A very brief chat followed and would you credit it, no camera! So no piccies to show but I loved the shiny bodywork oh and the boys didn't look to bad either.
So now safely moored and all ready for the off. Packing done, FS cleaned top to toe, de-stressed Jade, (she went into panting mode) with tit bits 'cause she knows something strange was about to happen and we are now relaxing with a glass of wine with the knowledge that FS will be well looked after for the next week. Next post hopefully will be from the Isle of Man.
- Ian and Irene Jameison
- In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.
- ► 2017 (212)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (271)
- Not all plain sailing to the Isle of Man
- Three in one go!
- Big and blue behind the trees
- Hunter and the Gatherer
- Back to the Park
- Very smelly body in a bag
- One stuck doggie
- 30 minute journey. 90 minute fill.
- King George the V1 and Winston Churchill????
- Seems we had a wasted journey
- Wonder if Natural England knows about this.
- What a farce!
- One boat length makes all the difference
- Campbell Park and Newlands were full.
- A case of Sods Law.
- That dog of ours, I despair sometimes!
- Wasn't just Blackberry picking I got involved with...
- Maybe I need to investigate another side shaft in ...
- So it appears the Angling Club are the ones trying...
- ▼ September (19)
- ► 2013 (385)
- ► 2012 (355)
- ► 2011 (250)
- ► 2010 (293)