About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Wednesday 12 December 2018

It's the T & T ChristmasI

Tuesday 11th (Christmas day in the T&T calendar)

Merry Christmas everyone. Seems a strange thing to say but Turkey and Tinsel is all about the festivities over 4 days. So today is Christmas day and a visit from Santa was forthcoming after breakfast this morning.


I must have been a good girl. Santa gave me a gift!

And Ians been very very good too๐Ÿ˜‰

I should mention the bathtime tales and you will be pleased to here (or maybe slightly disappointed) that I didn't get stuck as I managed to heave myself out (after getting into positions I never knew I could, sideways on, bottom on the side and slither toward the top, I was that determined you see) and didn't need the help from 'My Man that Can' ๐Ÿ˜Œ  That hot soak was heaven and from now on until we leave on Friday, this will be my morning ritual and you never know I might even have perfected the art of getting out. ๐Ÿ˜‚

I must just mention the meals. 6 courses, which one would think a bloated feeling would be the norm after all that food. Not so as this is an A-La-Carte menu with big plates and small portions. Fine dining at its best. The usual starters, main meal and dessert with two appetisers in between (a tiny cup of soup and a raspberry coulis to cleanse the pallet) followed by coffee and a macaron. With Christmas dinner tonight I'm wondering just how big a portion of Turkey and trimmings we will get. A photo will appear in tomorrows post.

Today we went to Exeter. A Christmas market was on, great if you are into that sort of thing (which were not) so instead, we walked to the Exeter Canal the earliest working ship canal to be built and oldest canal in the UK.



Having spent a good two hours at the canal we had another hour to fill before the coach came to the arranged meeting place, so a walk back to the Cathedral to where the market was for a quick look around the stalls and managed to persuade Ian to part with a fiver to purchase a pair of Seahorse Earrings before making our way back to the coach.








This Swan was being a right nuisance. Did not want anyone near to the stall giving a hefty peck to all and sundry!

And seen at the canal,





5 comments:

Eve Chick said...

I had a problem getting out of the bath due to arthritis and was told to try this, turn round in the bath so that you are on your knees, hold the sides of the bath and then stand up, it works for me so I hope it helps.

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Thanks Little Nan. I'm going to give that a go tomorrow. Xx

nb Bonjour said...

Lovely to see our local canal on someone else's blog!
Happy Christmas
Debby x

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Didn't know you hailed from this part of the country. Seeing that narrowboat was quite a surprise. So the question is: Have you ever cruised it on Chuffed? Anyway, Have a really great Christmas and a Happy New Year to you both. Xxx

nb Bonjour said...

ha ha! we'd need a trailboat to cruise here, though I was once once of the teachers on a school activity with canoes! great fun. I don't remember seeing a narrowboat on the Exeter canal before, I'll have to get down there and check it out. If you come down in the motor home do make a point of visiting the Grand Western (Tiverton) canal too.
Debby x

Blog Archive