About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Sunday 21 October 2018

Deliberate air conditioning

Another wonderful sunny and warm day so not sure why we stoked up the fire. The plan today was for that leaky window in the lounge to be removed and, knowing what a cold mortal I am, Ian decided to keep the fire ticking over. But neither of us was expecting the temperature to be in the low 20's so we wished we hadn't bothered. The breeze coming through once the window was removed was most welcome.






 Leaving Ian to get on with the window I headed off for a walk. Hardly anything wildlife to photograph and not much in the way of bugs either but I did find a bush full of sloes. A half a bottle of gin was left over so putting some sloes in would help 'top up' those other bottles after racking in December. I think I got a bit carried away with the gathering of them though.


Oh dear, looks like more Gin needs to be bought. This is getting expensive! (note to myself STOP PICKING SLOES!)

A very enjoyable visit to Beale Park yesterday and as promised, I've put a few photos on this blog but the majority are on my wildlife blog.

Rock Hyrax

Meerkat


Rhea

Skunk

Ural Owl


Pea Hen with chicks


Rhea dad with chick

No comments:

Blog Archive