About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Wednesday 10 October 2018

Crikey what a whopper.

Today I wished I had bought a fishing licence. Such a glorious day and the river almost still with hardly a ripple on the water. I longed to bait a hook and see what was down there.



And then when this small craft appeared.... Couldn't believe my eyes when I realised it was a fisherman in a pedal boat.


He cast his lure toward the far bank and suddenly a bend in the rod and he gets pulled forward. I watched as he fought and then netted this huge chub.


Was I envious? You bet I was. Will I purchase a fishing licence now? I'm not sure....Maybe...depends on what we do, where we go and if bait shops are near to hand.

On my walk today,



I'm sure this was a hornet. Twice the size of a wasp






Red Admiral

No comments:

Blog Archive