About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Thursday 27 September 2018

More than I bargained for on my walk!!!!

Blimey...who'd a thought it! A sight you don't see every day!! But you will have to read on to see what I'm on about.

So another warm and sunny day and a very lazy start. I knew Ian had plenty to do, what with the window surround to be painted and to treat the rust spots on the roof.



As for me, I had three options. Sit and watch daytime TV (definitely not!) Bake a cake and make Leek and Potato soup (a possible choice) or go for a walk with the camera and Macro lens for bug hunting. I ended up doing the second option this morning and the third option this afternoon.

Cake and soup done and most pleased with the result. Had lunch and set off for my walk. Conditions were perfect for bug hunting and when I found a Comma Butterfly I quickly attached the Macro lens. But all was not well as I tried in vain to focus on my subject.



Closer inspection revealed a misted lens, not on the outside, I might add, but on the inside. I have no idea how moisture managed to get in between both lens's but to say I was gutted was an understatement.
 


 Pondering on what to do next suddenly a voice came from behind me and this chap asking if I minded him walking in the nude. "I'm a naturist," says he. Well, what can one say when asked that question? He had a pair of shorts on so I thought what is he on about. But then...not 20 yds further along the towpath, he whips of those shorts to reveal that he is wearing nothing underneath! Sorry folks but I just had to take this photo and then no sooner had I arrived back at FS and he passes me again. Glad I didn't look behind at that moment. An eyeful I most certainly would have had!


Ian had good look too!


 Oh and this canoeist came past. Was he also naked??

 

 Ian wasn't very happy on my return. The window was all ready to be siliconed and put back in place but he discovered his silicone gun was still hanging in the garage, Trying to improvise with a lump hammer had me in fits of laughter. I will leave you to see why!



 We now have an even bigger problem because the window is unsealed. Is there rain forecast in the next couple of days? I hope not but a handy large black plastic bag is to hand just in case.

And seen on my walk,







And they're off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, such an enjoyable blog post in more ways than one, made me smile anyway!
Ann Makemson

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Thank you, Ann. Made my day as well. (:

Blog Archive