- Ian and Irene Jameison
- In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.
Sunday, 10 September 2017
The Ale Train
Saturday 9th September
Brilliant time was had on the Llangollen 'real ale steam train'. We arrived early to partake of the BBQ (burgers or hot dogs) given a free pint glass each and told we could get seated whenever we wanted. (On the right as this gave the best views). Two trips there and back and plenty of photo opportunities. By the time we returned at 9.30 pm it was dark and so very glad of Ians light on his phone. We encountared a trip hazard but more of that tomorrow.
- ► 2018 (190)
- Faith has been restored.
- Atherstone flight...for the 4th time in a 6 weeks
- Bl**dy annoyed. No... more like seething!!!!
- Ah..looks like this will have to do for tonight.
- A disappointment
- Steel v canoe.
- Talk about a shock!
- Heard and seen it all!
- Opps, should have been more observant.
- Playing chicken with a Loco
- What with roundabouts and gardens.....in the canal...
- Metal hazard in the Harecastle tunnel
- My three pet hates!
- Heartbreak Hill
- Wow...a man at my feet.
- Glad to be down wind from that!
- How exhilarating
- A chance meeting and why you shouldn't leave fende...
- Wanted...help needed for the Lock Keepers.
- How many inches in one foot?????
- The Ale Train
- 6 miles...3 hours. Now thats what I call slow!
- Cripes... is that another boat entering the tunnel...
- And the day started so well
- Now how will I get through?
- Sheer luck I reckon
- Did they think we were volunteers?
- Talk about knackered!
- The stubbornness of some people
- ▼ September (29)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (271)
- ► 2014 (301)
- ► 2013 (385)
- ► 2012 (355)
- ► 2011 (250)
- ► 2010 (293)