The meal was lovely at the Bridge Inn. Steak and jacket spud, a very healthy meal considering I'm cutting back on my food intake to lose weight....or trying too. Then I goes and spoils it all by sharing an Eaton Mess (cream, ice cream, fruits and meringue) with Margaret. Boy did I suffer last night. Woke with chronic stomach ache and the dreaded runs!!!! That will teach me to indulge in the forbidden fruits!!!.
So this morning couldn't come soon enough but luckily the desert had worked its way out of my system and I was able to help at the lock cottage. Then around 2ish the first of the boats arrived from Sheet Stores on the Erewash. More arrived soon after coming from both directions but none from beyond Trent Lock as the Trent is still on red boards. All in all we have 11 boats so far including us more then enough to make tonight's game night a success. Will more arrive tomorrow? Maybe another one from Sheet Stores but that probably will be it.
- Ian and Irene Jameison
- In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.
- Black cats not always lucky
- It must have been a shock to a returning boater.
- C&RT's less agreeable jobs and that was one big bl...
- A couple of hazards to contend with.
- Another beauty spot desecrated by an unwanted rail...
- Pretty quiet for Easter
- The day did start well....honest!
- We meet at last.
- When needs must.
- It's official!
- Two bloggers in one day.
- Police presence in Sawley and we get second place ...
- Volunteer duty done and dusted
- Stoppage finished and we get away.
- First lock finally started on the Derby canal.
- A dash by one boater to beat the stoppage.
- To much rich food, me thinks!
- This time it's the rising water levels that scuppe...
- Fishing line and birds....not a good combination.
- Amazing what is seen in the canal.
- Blast the EA
- ▼ March (21)
- ► 2015 (271)
- ► 2014 (301)
- ► 2013 (384)
- ► 2012 (354)
- ► 2011 (250)
- ► 2010 (293)