And it's one we have been mulling over since last night. Yesterday evening I saw the consultant at Queens Medical center. 'Saw' being the optimal word because I was in and out of the consulting room within 5 minutes! In fact I have never been for an appointment at any hospital as quick as yesterday! Ian parked the car at 6pm, got a 2 hour ticket costing £2.60 (30 minutes stay was free), saw the receptionist, told which clinic to go to and no sooner had our bottoms touched the seat then we were called in by the consultant. After the usual pleasantries I just about managed to give him my symptoms when he said I needed an MRI on my back and hip and to make an appointment on the way out. We were back in our car exactly 28 minutes from first entering the hospital to leaving!!!!! And to think we could have got away with not having to pay any parking fees. Wish we had known it was going to be that quick. Anyway I was told by the receptionist it would take 5-6weeks before I had the MRI scan. On our way home we decided to carry on with our plans and leave Sandiacre on Monday, do the Droitwich festival at the end of April and return in time for the scan. This morning I get a phone call to say the scan has been booked for the 24th April. Not quite the 5-6 weeks quoted!
So now to the dilemma. Do we leave as planned, head to Droitwich and hire a car from where ever we happen to be on the 24th to take us back to Nottingham. Or do we stay another two weeks and cancel our booking for the festival? More discussions are needed tonight, me thinks, over a glass of wine or two!
With the glorious weather and warm temperatures of today I noticed our Long Tailed Tit pair busily building their nest in our conifer tree. Not only that but the Butterflies are out and about already. This Comma landed very obligingly just in front of me.
- Ian and Irene Jameison
- In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.
- ► 2017 (156)
- ► 2016 (235)
- Is that someone crying for help!
- Wasn't our bones a creaking last night.
- We pulled and pushed but not a hope.
- A river question.
- Bl++dy idiot with no regard to moored boats!!!!
- Grand morning out.
- ?? Why ??
- A staircase lock thats not.
- How much a metre????? And the meeting of Eddie the...
- Piglets and puppies.Cant get cuter then that.
- A minus, a plus and a sort of minus for C&RT
- With gritted teeth and determination.
- Help needed in identifying a mysterious bird
- Meeting of old friends and new.
- On the move.
- What a good haul
- Catapults, drifting boats and dead ducks.
- A dilemma
- New recruit for C&RT
- So glad I have a man that can.
- Very nearly scuppered by 30mm of steel
- A very wet trip back.
- The final push
- Eek... water is on the rise again!
- ▼ April (25)
- ► 2014 (301)
- ► 2013 (384)
- ► 2012 (355)
- ► 2011 (250)
- ► 2010 (293)