About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Sunday 29 March 2015

Tad windy for the sailing boats maybe?

I'd forgotten all about the clocks going forward so when Ian said he was about to start breakfast I queried the early hour. The clock in the bedroom showed 8am so it took a moment to register that this clock hadn't been put forward. No lie in for me this morning then! Mind you with the rain causing the roof to vibrate (it was that heavy) I doubt if I would have gone back to sleep. We were so thankful we traveled to Trent Lock yesterday. The wind was strong then but nothing to the gale blowing today.



 Ian was amazed when he spied sailing boats on the river. Out in this gale? They must be mad! Had a feeling that I might capture a capsize on film and I wasn't disappointed when the only two on the river both got into difficulties. Out came the rescue boat but wasn't needed as the sailers were obviously not novices. After several attempts both boats were upright again.














 Tomorrow we go in the Kingfishers dry dock and then the hard work begins. No family to help us this time and Stephen (Dennis and Margaret son) can only make Monday afternoon. Last year he did an excellent job jet washing the hull of both boats. Me thinks this could well be his job this year.


Taken during a very heavy rain storm at 6.40pm tonight

 Had to take a few wildlife photo's by the river. Well you know me. 








No comments:

Blog Archive