About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Sunday 24 August 2014

Could do with some help

 Having arrived yesterday morning at Stafford boat club and made our presence known to Carol and Alan, that afternoon they took Ian to collect our car. We arranged to meet them later in the club house after Dr Who and, apart from the boat club regulars, we were joined by a couple on their way to Shacklestone. They were a bit concerned when I showed them the photo on my blog and are now not sure if they will be able to get a place due to the lack of allocated moorings. They set off early this morning so I'm keeping fingers crossed for them.

Stafford Boat Club.

Having our car we went to Tesco for a major shop including a 15Kg of dog food. Before we left I had a quick look on Tesco web site to see if I had any unused vouchers. Guess what? £19.50 was owing to me from as far back as February. Ian printed them off and we decided to start the Gin collection in readiness for picking the Sloes. It's well worth  looking on line if you shop at Tesco and have one of their cards. You never know, may well be pleasantly surprised.

I had another nice surprise when I was hailed by a lady in a passing boat. Turns out it was Lisa and David What a Lark   We only had a brief encounter, just enough to mention the Ashby Canal plight and then they were gone. Still I'm glad I could put a face to her excellent blog. Well worth reading and a laugh a minute.

Now I could do with a bit of help. You may remember the post when I mentioned the amount (440 GB)  used due to the millions  loads of photos I stored on the computer. I have been trying to delete as many as I can but it seems that if I delete a posted photo, it also disappears from the blog. Is there any way I can post a photo then delete if from my computer without it going from the blog? Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Only a bug and bee sighting today.



4 comments:

Adam said...

How do you get your photos onto the blog? If you upload them to Blogger, then deleting them from your computer won't affect the blog. That's because they're actually store online at Picasa Web Albums.

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Hi Adam,
I upload from Picasa to the blog. I tried an experiment by uploading a photo. I pressed delete and I'm warned that this will delete from any album it appears in. It then asked to check a box if you want the online photo deleted. So I leave it unchecked. When I next looked at the blog a day later the photo was gone. So still don't understand why I cant get rid of my uploaded photos on the computer. I must be doing something wrong or am not seeing something I aught to do.

Adam said...

So you upload to Picasa, and then you use the Picasa link on Blogger? For the photo to disappear from the blog, you'd have to delete it from Picasa. To make sure you're deleting them from your computer and not anywhere else, try it while you're not connected to the internet.

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Thanks Adam. I'll have another play.

Blog Archive