About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Saturday 19 July 2014

How can I have used 440GB on the laptop?

From 1am, when we were both woken by an almighty clap of thunder, it has rained heavily on and off until well past midday. Every so often Jade started to pant and shake and we can almost guarantee that within minutes the thunder started again. Uncanny that she can sense this because it can only be the atmospheric pressure that informs her. It's certainly not the sound because she is now almost deaf, although how she knows when we drop any food on the floor or rattle a crisp packet is beyond me, but she always knows and comes running! Anyway its not been a day for walking round the lake and even the fishing has taken a back burner. So all I can do is sort out the thousands of photos and files on my lap top that has used all my 440 GB of memory. I couldn't believe it when I got this message to say the hard drive was full. Ian had a look and told me I had over 30000 files and photos stored. No wonder my hard drive is full! Ian has done a back up on a spare hard drive so now I can start deleting all those photos. Just hope that by doing that my photos will still be on the blog. Think I may go carefully first!

During a short lull in the rain Dave (Vixen) decided to head for Harecastle winding hole. Their plan is to go up the Caldon while we are planning to go further North. Not sure what Dennis and Margaret has planned yet but no doubt they will let us know in due course.

Dave heading toward Harecastle

Chance for Ian and Dennis to have a natter during the lull
I also took advantage of the improving conditions and walked round the lake. This turned out to be a  bad move because 10 minutes in and the rain came again.

Looking back from the bridge

Cafe' by the lake

Dave returning in atrocious conditions.

Blue green algae is very prevalent on the lake as this picture shows.
 We are hoping to have a walk into town this afternoon. That is if the rain ever lets up. Tomorrows weather is for better conditions so may leave and head through the tunnel. At least it should be dry through there (or maybe not after all this rain!)

No comments:

Blog Archive