About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Friday 13 June 2014

An unexpected visit


Went and fetched the boaters packs today and it seems there is a huge amount of stuff going on over the weekend.  Not sure if we will participate in the games tomorrow afternoon but I'm going to enter Jade in the dog show on Sunday. Prettist bitch (well she is to me) and the golden oldie. There is also a best dog dressed like it's owner class but have no idea how to dress Jade in that. I live in scruffy t- shirt and jeans and nothing I have will fit her!



So later this morning I set out for my usual walk armed with both cameras. I was busy taking photos of a pair of buzzards when a voice hailed me from behind. Turns out it was Graham (one of my blog readers) returning from a weeks hire on the Caldon canal and making his way with Margaret back to Scotland. What a lovely surprise so we did no more then put kettle on, get out the small table and chairs, bring out the biscuits  and settle down to a good old chinwag. They have a journey of about 5 hours to travel back to Glasgow in this heat and to top it all they also have to deal with Fridays traffic madness. Really don't envy them one bit and so glad we don't ever have to join that rat race. Great to see you both and hope the journey back wasn't to horrendous.



We spent the rest of the day soaking up the sun and helping other boaters to moor up. The site is pretty full now and I expect it will be standing room only in the club house tonight. Just hope we don't get wet on the way back to FS. Rain has been forecast for this area but, then again, when do the weatherman ever get it right!

It was these Buzzards I was photographing when Graham arrived

This came along and sent the buzzards packing
 And another chuckle moment. Think the pigeon is not over keen on it's neighbour



No comments:

Blog Archive