About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Saturday 17 May 2014

The downside to the hot weather

 To hot to do anything today other then laze around enjoying the sun.. Well I went fishing and Ian did do a bit to the top box lid. We even took the parasol out of moth balls, giving us a nice bit of shade.We had just finished lunch when a sudden gust of wind blew the whole thing on top of me. From that moment on it was made redundant.




At least Jade got a bit of shade.




All Ian has to do now is cut the existing box down to fit the lid.
Jade was desperate for a swim and I was all for letting her go in the lake when I realised the water had turned green. I'm not sure if it is the blue-green algae which is so harmful to dogs but no way was I going to risk her getting ill. The algae has bloomed overnight because it certainly wasn't like that yesterday.  Thats the trouble with these warm conditions, everything grows like mad.




 On the plus side the carp in the lake have started spawning. The water around the lily pads started erupting and at first I hadn't realised what it was. On closer inspection I noticed the carp.They were having a fine old time of it and by heck some of them were huge! Funnily all the carp fishermen were on the other side of the lake and I bet not one of their umpteen rods, all set up with bite alarms, went off.





No comments:

Blog Archive