About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Wednesday 28 May 2014

One mystery solved and thumbs up for Google earth.

Well one of the mysteries anyway. Thanks go to Caroline who left me a link on my comments page yesterday. For one, the tree is a Lime and not a Sycamore and the growth on the leaves
are made by a tiny mite. I had hoped to show one of my photos of it but even my macro lens cant pick it out. So this photo has been taken from the web.


Today we had planned to leave Shobnall fields and travel back to Branston. Not a good day for travel as the overnight rain was still very much with us. Before we left I took Jade for a walk round the park. At the top end a footbridge spans the A38 and I happened to notice a sign pointing over the bridge with the word hospital written on it. So over I goes and sure enough in the distance is what I think to be Queens Hospital. I hastily return to FS, trying unsuccesfully to hurry Jade along who was in sniffing mode, and first thing I do is Google Earth our position. Well what do you know. The hospital is within 3/4 of a mile from this mooring. So instead of leaving today we have stayed put and later in the afternoon walked to visit our new Grandson. Took 15 minutes and saved £3.00 in car parking fees. Wish we had known about it earlier. Much easier then driving to it and actually takes less time.

Having left Christine, Kev, Josh, Nanny Burchnall (Kev's mum) and baby (still no name) we had literally got 5 minutes into our walk home when Kev phones. Christine and baby are being discharged and can go home tonight. Baby has had his last antibiotic, all the teats are clear and he is no longer a concern to the pediatrician. What fantastic news and one that we have all been waiting for. Tomorrow we travel to Branston, pick up the car and go straight round to welcome baby to his new home.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Baby

Nb Yarwood said...

He is one very handsome little man-child!
Lesley

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

He is isn't he. But then I'm biased. Xxx

Blog Archive