About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Friday 16 May 2014

I spy something beginning with D

I very different sort of sunset last night. Was about 8.45pm when I happened to glance away from the TV screen and noticed the sun on the horizon looking huge with a deep yellow and red glow around it. I played around with the ISO settings on the camera and got these pictures.




 Biggest problem was not to look into the view finder so a lot of it was trial and error and hope I pointed the lens in the right direction. Still I was quite pleased with the result.

As for the title of this blog, in an obscure part of the park someone had placed a toy dragon in a tree. I came upon it by pure chance (looking for bugs) and I'm kinda hoping it will still be there when I revisit the same area on our way back to Langley in November.


 
Talking of bugs can you guess where this spider was building it's web?


 My Computer screen. The macro lens has shown up every pixel.





No comments:

Blog Archive