About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Friday 23 May 2014

Ha....that will stop those nosey parkers.

Okay, so now Christine is officially 10 days late. Still no phone call from Christine so the wait continues.  On her last scan, the baby was estimated to be over 8lb. That was 3 weeks ago! I dread to think what the weight will be now. No wonder she feels like an elephant.

A while ago I mentioned that we had been asked to take over as editors of the ECP&DA Outlook magazine. Well Ian has finally finished putting all the articals together and now all that was needed was a trip back to Langley Mill to hand over the disc to the printers. While we were there we nipped into B&Q for a long trough for my plants. What we came out with was blinds for the kitchen! Having made my net curtains yesterday, I sort of persuaded Ian that a venetian blind in the kitchen would be better then the roller blind we have now. Bless him, he gave into my pestering and resigned himself to yet more work that wasn't on his 'to do' list! On our return to FS out came the drill and within 40 minutes the new blind was up.

Made to measure. We couldn't fit the blind inside the window frame because of the hopper window but I don't think this looks to bad.

Even in the open position you cant see in.

And my girlie nets. Ian gave in to these as well! What a gentleman (-:
I did a spot of fishing later this afternoon but all the fish have disappeared. Not a bite or nibble to be had. When the rain started I thought I would call it a day. So I'm afraid I reverted to watching afternoon TV, not a good sign. Hurry up Grandchild of mine. Cant wait to meet you.

2 comments:

Jacquie said...

Your curtains and blinds look lovely. J

Mrs. Jaqueline Biggs said...

Ditto what Jacquie said. And they are so much easier to clean than roller shades.
JaqXX

Blog Archive