About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Saturday 10 May 2014

A very big fault with Tesco's Hudl

So much for Tesco's Hudl.!!!!! At the beginning of the year Tesco was selling this small android 7" tablet for a great price of £119, £80 pound cheaper then the Nexus. The speck was the same 16 GB 1.5GHz quad core CPU, 1440 x 900p HD display and 3-megapixel camera. So it all looked to good a deal not to put it amongst the grocery's. All went well for about 3 months and then one side stopped working. Very frustrating trying to write a sentence and losing the ERDSAG &C. Imagine me writing this sentence without the appropriate letters. It would come out as imin m itin thi ntn ithout th ppopit ltt. Frustrating isn't it! The guarantee was for a year so beginning of April we returned it to Tesco. Now I had a red Hudl. You could get it in white, black, purple or red. I was therefore very surprised when the salesman said 'Ah yes we have had a few issues with the black model but never with the red! I beg your pardon. Was I hearing right...... surely all the innards of the Hudl, regardless of the outer case colour, is the same. Anyway he did something with a pin poking it in a small hole in the back and said he had reset the innards back to the original manufacturer speck. Away I went not 100% convinced that it would work and I was right to be sceptical.  After 2 days it packed up again. This time I phoned the help line on the guarantee receipt and there the truth came out. Since it's launch the makers have had nothing but trouble. The fault with the Hudl was well documented and his advice....... Get my money back because, although there is a fix on the way, he couldn't tell me when.




 So today we went back to Tesco armed with receipt, box, cables and the red case. I was fully expecting to do battle but the salesman never batted an eye giving me a full refund. It could have something with me changing it for a Asus 7" tablet instead. That cost me £124 a bit more then I paid for the Hudl but I also had my Tesco points voucher of £12 so in total the Asus actually cost me less. I have it on charge at the moment (takes 8 hours) and am really looking forward to getting to grips with it.





What is the Tesco Hudl tablet?

The Tesco Hudl tablet is a Wi-Fi only 7-inch Android tablet that sees the supermarket giant take on the Nexus 7 2, the new Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7, the iPad Mini 2 Retina and the £80 Aldi Lifetab tablet. At £119, the Tesco tablet is £80 cheaper than the Nexus 7 2 16GB model (£199) and can be bought for less than £100 if you are a Tesco Clubcard owner. We’ve seen a lot of budget Android tablets come and go, but the Hudl has an impressive specs list to convince customers to drop it into the shopping basket next to the tin of beans.
Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/tesco-hudl_Tablet_review#ofTPK1TJAfjDaZtH.99

What is the Tesco Hudl tablet?

The Tesco Hudl tablet is a Wi-Fi only 7-inch Android tablet that sees the supermarket giant take on the Nexus 7 2, the new Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7, the iPad Mini 2 Retina and the £80 Aldi Lifetab tablet. At £119, the Tesco tablet is £80 cheaper than the Nexus 7 2 16GB model (£199) and can be bought for less than £100 if you are a Tesco Clubcard owner. We’ve seen a lot of budget Android tablets come and go, but the Hudl has an impressive specs list to convince customers to drop it into the shopping basket next to the tin of beans.
Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/tesco-hudl_Tablet_review#ofTPK1TJAfjDaZtH.99

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That problem with the Hudl was sorted out long ago with a downloadable upgrade.

Blog Archive